November 29, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things . . .

Ask my family and friends. Blue and Brown are my favorite color combination. I'm going to be in serious trouble when this color scheme goes out of style.



I had a rare chance this weekend to do some sewing just for me this weekend. Most of my sewing projects end up as a display of some sort for the store or as a pattern to publish somewhere. This time I was able to take my current favorite fabric line, Figgy Pudding, from Basic Grey for Moda - and make my favorite quilt pattern - the Fat Quarter Fashionista (designed by me, of course!)



Even better - I found these glorious blue, silver, and brown ornaments and snowflakes while out shopping on Wednesday. And . . . . drumroll please . .. . flannel sheets that are brown with blue and white snowflakes. What more can a girl ask for?





Sources:

Blue and Silver round ornaments: Target



Blue, Silver, and Brown snowflakes: Shopko (I think . . . I was shopping lots of places)


Brown Snowflake Sheets: Target

Quilt Top: Made from Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey for Moda


Fat Quarter Fashionista Pattern: Designed by Julie Gegier for Prairie Point Junction

Available HERE:
www.prairiepointjunction.com/patterns.htm


Now to just get a tree so I can decorate . . .



2 comments:

Kimara said...

I love this color combination. It was big in the 80s. I remembering dying corn husks blue and brown that I fashioned into flowers and placed in a wreath with babies breath. One of my all time favorite crafty things I've made. The color combo in a mixture of cool blues and warm browns creating a very mellow feeling! Hope we get to see a pic of your tree :)

Anonymous said...

I love how the quilt top came out! Blue and brown and also a favorite of mine, and I personally think that it doesn't really ever go out of style! I am seeing a lot of brown ornaments out right now though.

Thanks for the peek!