Moda's Be My Neighbor Sew Along:
Ask any quilter what they love about “being a quilter” and one of the reasons is likely to be the sense of community. Quilters of all ages, sizes, backgrounds and experience levels love to gather to share the experience of being “makers”. Nowhere is that more apparent than with the excitement over Moda's newest quilt-along.
To celebrate the community of quilters, Moda has built an entire neighborhood. Welcome to the Moda’hood!
Beginning September 6th, we will provide a series of 16 free downloadable “blueprints” – block patterns. Then, each Monday through December 19th, we'll post a new block for you to download. Check back here on our blog each week to download your pattern.
Be sure to share your photos on social media. Tag us as #ppjneighborhood and #modabemyneighbor. We'd love to see what you create.
We'll offer some fabric suggestions each week to inspire you.
- The finished quilt will measure 68" x 84 1/2".
- There are 16 blocks in the quilt top. The rows are separated by horizontal sashing strips.
- The blocks are very scrappy, so an exact yardage amount is not listed for a set number of fabrics. Mix and match your favorite fabrics to create your very own neighborhood!
- If you want to use one fabric throughout for background and sashing, use 4 1/2 yards.
- Border: 1 1/4 yard (If you want your border and sashing to be the same fabric, purchase 5 3/4 yards).
- Binding: 2/3 yard
- Backing: 4 3/4 yards.
Download Block 1 HERE.