Saturday Sampler Demos:
· Join us on the 2nd Saturday of the Month at 10:00 for a demo on the month’s block including our tips and tricks. We’ll open the doors by 9:45 on the 2nd Saturday of the month..
· We’ll also showcase and demo new products received during the month.
· Bring Show and Tell of any projects you are working on to inspire our group.
· Our schedule is as follows. (Schedule subject to change if other events arise).
February 14th - Program Kick-Off, Block #1
March 14th - Block #2 - Tips for Pre-Assembling Sashing Sections
April 11th - No Program, Shop Hop Across Nebraska
May 9th - Block #3
June 13th - Block #4
July 11th - Block #5 (It is Bands, Brews, and BBQ later in the day, allow a little extra time for parking)
August 8th - No Program, Join us for Quilts Around the Block, Downtown Cozad, Speaker: Jodi Barrows
September 12th - Block #6
October 10th - No Program, Join us at Threads Across Nebraska, Buffalo County Fairgrounds, Kearney
November 14th - Block #7
December 12th - Block #8 and Tips for Assembling the Quilt
Our sampler this year is from the book Park Bench by Jaybird Quilts. Use the Hex and More and Sidekick rulers for amazing accuracy. You can order the book and rulers HERE.
We've made this amazing quilt in three different colorways. I love how fabric choices give the quilts an entirely different look.
Looking for more color inspiration or tips on using the rulers? Check out the following online resources.
· Visit www.jaybirdquilts.com for other projects using the Hex and More Ruler and Sidekick Ruler.
· Hex and More Info: http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2015/01/jaybird-quilts-hex-n-more-ruler-video.html
· Sidekick Info: http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2013/07/introducing-sidekick.html
· Sidekick Info: http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2015/01/jaybird-quilts-sidekick-ruler-video.html
· YouTube: Search Jaybird Quilts on YouTube to watch videos for the Hex and More Ruler and the Sidekick Ruler.
· Pinterest: Search either Jaybird Quilts or Park Bench Quilt to find a variety of color inspiration for your quilt.
· Follow Julie Geiger on Pinterest! Look for the board titled “Quilting - Samplers” to see tons of ideas. (Make sure you find the right Julie Geiger - there’s several on Pinterest).
· Instagram: Search for (hashtag) #parkbenchquilt or #jaybirdquilts or inspiration
Check back on our blog each month to see a close-up view of our blocks.