October 22, 2018

Finishing up our Christmas Cheer

We're in for a lot of fun sewing in the next few weeks. We will be sewing Christmas Cheer by Cotton Way.  The pattern can be purchased here. The fabric we will be using is Vintage Holiday by Bonnie and Camille. The kit can be purchased here. I will not be posting measurements of the pieces. You will have to purchase the pattern to find this information.












It's binding time. You'll want to make sure all of your stripes are going the same way. As you can see below, I place one strip down with all of the writing and then add the next strip with the other edge of the salvage and sew it diagonally. I then repeat for all of my binding. Then I clip my threads and trim to 1/4".


I press my seams open.


Press in half.


Once I get it pressed, I wrap it around my ruler, so it's ready to go when I need it.



Trim backing and batting.


Sewing onto quilt.


Finished.


Would you like to see how I quilted my Christmas Cheer quilt?
I took pics of each row, so get ready for quite a few pics...







I'll also post on Facebook, so they may look a little more detailed. It's been fun sewing with you and we'd love to see your quilts. Link up to our Facebook site.

Deb

No comments: