September 24, 2018

9-24 Checkerboard

We're in for a lot of fun sewing in the next few weeks. We will be sewing Christmas Cheer by Cotton Way.  The pattern can be purchased here. The fabric we will be using is Vintage Holiday by Bonnie and Camille. The kit can be purchased here. I will not be posting measurements of the pieces. You will have to purchase the pattern to find this information.









Good morning! This is the easiest and the fastest block to date.

I chose my Bella Red and one of my whites fat quarters.


5 pieces of red and 5 pieces of white fabrics.

Sew together and press towards red.


To make cutting easier, I put the strips opposite to make sewing my pieces easier and they will fit together nicely.


Cut 36 sets.



Press to one side as per the directions, or you can do what I did so it's not so thick in the center...

You twist the seam you just sewed, and open it up. I then press the seams so they go clockwise. (That way each seam will match up.)


Lay out in two stacks and sew together. Then lay together in fours, etc. Pretty soon, you'll have the entire row completed.




Make sure this row measures 72-1/2". Trim from both sides if necessary. Add your next sashing row and add to your completed quilt.


We'll see you in a couple weeks, where we'll work on our last block, the stockings.




No comments: