March 19, 2014

Cross-Country Shop Hopping!

A huge thank-you goes out to The Quilt Shop Navigator for their wonderful write-up about our shop.

We had the pleasure of meeting this delightful couple last summer during their cross-country journey visiting quilt shops.  Doesn't that sounds like a road-trip we should all take?

They stopped in at the very end of the day during our Summer Sidewalk Sales, so we may have been a little bit wilted by that time, but we certainly enjoyed their visit.  We love any chance to share our passion about what we do.


One of my favorite parts of the visit was the chance to talk about the sweetest business owners that were mentors to me when I was just a teenager working my first job.  You can tell I get a little teary in the video talking about my experience.  I'll chalk it up to the heat that day!

Seeing the interview made me go do a little digging around in old photos.  I managed to find a picture circa early 1990's of Melba Andres, owner of the Ben Franklin Store in Crete, Nebraska, and her brother Kenny Dunn.  The Ben Franklin store is long-gone, but I"ll always cherish my memories of my time there.  I wouldn't be where I am today without their guidance and dedication.



Thanks for revisiting old memories with me today!  I only hope that I can serve to inspire you as well!


Who inspired you when you were growing up?  Let us know in the comments below.


 Head on over to The Quilt Shop Navigator to check out the rest of the interview.

No comments: