February 9, 2012

Sewing Day

Last weekend I had plans to sew with a couple of friends several hours away from home. Just a girls weekend.  Doesn't that sound like fun?

 Mother Nature had other plans.  We were supposed to get hammered with a foot of snow.  Turns out we had only about 4 inches, but my friend got slammed with about a foot.  Either way, we didn't get a chance to get together.  I was all prepared to sew, though, so I did a tackle the project I had cut out, just a little closer to home.

I've wanted to make something with a Ruby Jelly Roll for awhile now.  I just can't get enough of that line.  Isn't it delicious?



I started working on Strawberry Shortcake from Cluck Cluck Sew.  It just uses one jelly roll and some background fabric.  How smart is that?  (Want this pattern, you can order it HERE.)



To make the best use of my sewing time, I'd already cut all my jelly roll strips down to size for my blocks.  Everything was stacked all neatly in zip-top bags.  All I had to do was grab my piles and go.


What is your method to madness for preparing for retreats or sewing weekends?  Do you just grab and go, or do you pre-cut so that you can sew, sew sew? 

I find that I do too much talking in a group setting, that it's best if I do all the important cutting before hand, then I can mindlessly sew and talk all at the same time.  Love to multi-task.  How about you?



Here's my pile of blocks.  Not too bad for a day of power sewing.  Who knows when I'll get back to this project, but at least it's a good start.



Till next time . . .



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a wonderful talent for these kind of things, such an amazing job done! And I also love the fact that you've shared the results of your efforts here in your blog!